Thursday, March 19, 2020

I Discovered More About Me



13 

Psalm 27:13-14
I am certain that I will see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord;be strong and courageous. Wait for the Lord.



I discovered something. It took a long while, but something came to me. You chase things you will never get. You will never see. You will never touch. I know this isn't something new to all people. It sure hit me recently.

I think we all do this to some degree. I mean discover something about ourselves. I think we look at ourselves much differently than other people do. We see ourselves through a totally different lense. Sometimes I think of myself a really great guy. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think, no that guy isn't that great. Both are wrong. God lets me know that.

We waste our time on things that will never occur. We hope for things that will never come. We fool ourselves into thinking we can beat the odds. Sometimes the things we love the most aren't the best for us. Sometimes life punches us right in the face.

I started to feel sorry for myself. I suffered greatly. I cried more nights than I would like to remember. Watch a movie and I would cry even on stuff not that sad. I was not the man I thought I was.

Oh but I was wrong. I haven't wasted a moment. I have never hope for something that wouldn't occur. We can beat the odds. When we get punched in the face, stop get back up and move on. Crying sometimes is ok for even a man to do.

It doesn't matter what kind of man I think am. It matters what God did for me. I will be ok no matter what the future brings. You see God is the most important. I'm impatient. I need to wait on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment